Please take a look below to see just a number of Manufacturing Support projects conducted by Cera Consulting.
From Hand Pour to a Fully Automatic Candle Filling Line
Client Requirement : Business was growing and a leading Home Fragrance company in the South West of England was looking for a efficiency gains and a competitive advantage. After due consideration, the decision was taken to move away from hand pouring jar candles and install a fully automatic filling line along with a PLC (Computer) controlled wax batching and holding system.
Cera Consulting project managed the design, procurement and installation of a state-of-the-art automatic candle filling line
• Professional guidance provided in relation to the machinery required to meet clients present and future manufacturing plans
• Site visits to suppliers across Europe to verify equipment suitability and functionality
• Undertook a value analysis study on the competitive quotes submitted
• Organised and devised a detailed Factory Acceptance Testing program
• Planned delivery, installation and integration of Filling Line into the factory on time and within budget
In addition to this we designed, acquired and presided over the installation of an automatic wax batching and mixing system to complement the above Filling Line.
• Specifying all engineering hardware
• Devising a PLC (computer) program that ensured accurate temperature control and delivery of wax (by weight)
• A gravity fed delivery system to the Filling Line
The most advanced Candle Filling and Automatic Batching System in the U.K. today!
Candle Manufacturing capability added to Beauty Brand
A fast growing cosmetics company in Suffolk, England wanted to add candles to its portfolio. Equipment had been purchased but a process and the layout needed to be defined and implemented.
Created a layout that incorporated, raw material storage, a wicking area, the pouring/flashing/cooling process which finished at the in-line labelling area.
Completed on-site Process Development trials, whilst working with and training staff that were to run the manufacturing line.
Developed Manufacturing Specifications for the Quality department, these are used to assure a quality product was being consistently produced.
A fully functional candle manufacturing line capable of producing 000’s of candles per week.